How I Reflect and Plan Myself for the New Year

By Agnesia Anggun Kinanti - January 01, 2018


Happy new year, Friends. Are you ready to start 2018 as I am very excited for it? I used to create new year resolutions, including renewing the old ones that still not achieved yet. I used to create the small ones. These small things become my ladder to achieve my life goal. Obviously.


2017 highlights

Well, I can say that my highlights of this year are not only about accomplishment and things that I'm must proud of. It could be my best memories of the year, any moment of joy, and things I want to remember.

  1. Working with my best friend and traveling around the cities for a nice job.
  2. Having a consultation with psychologists about my sister symptoms.
  3. Working in a global professional services company.
  4. Having first Eid Fitri in Jakarta all by myself. 
  5. Having my sister hospitalized for her illness and having her moved with family in another city.

I could say that 2017 has become a real tough year for me. Struggle, tears, hope, and joy. These are things that I'm gonna have with me for the rest of my life.


2017 I'm most grateful for

A lot of great things have happened to me this year. Some are good, and some are bad. I always look up to the bright side to everything that happens so what good might have come from the negative ones.

  1. Having my family healthy inside out.
  2. Having a nice job so I can learn a lot, and share the happiness with the beloved ones.
  3. Having a supportive work environment with senior leaders and good team players.
  4. Being around with a lot of supportive people as I want to mention them one by one.
    • Family. They are might not big and great, but I love them unconditionally. To my grandmother, sister, uncle, and also my mother's family. 
    • Boyfriend, A-yang. For being here and accepting me as I am.
    • Friends. Including Tiara, Amel, Laras, Rina, Dinda, Kak Mariatul, Abi, Faizal, Karin, Citra, for listening to all my sighs and holding my hand and saying "Be strong, you can do this," and even lending me some money when I was broke. Without you guys, I'm just a dust.

If I could have a superpower, maybe one of them is the ability to be forever feeling grateful. Sounds naive, but it is. Because being grateful is the ultimate way to feel happy and content with what we have now. 


Theme for 2018

A word that I want to become a compass of the year is Consistent. I want to be more consistent doing things that I really want to do. I want to invite consistency to every positive thing that I'm doing. In the past year, I was lack of consistency. I wanted to do my good habit activities in my version, but because of inconsistency, I was failed to maintain them. Hopefully, the initiation of making this as my theme could pave the way.


How do I want to evolve & grow in 2018

I believe that something great does not happen magically. There must be a struggle behind the stage. I was thinking about how I want to change and what difference I want to make in my life. I want to see myself as someone who always captures the good things and takes the wisdom from negative experiences. I will apply those things to my family, relationships, and career. The benefit of having all those growing curves is less complaining about life. You know life does not always serve us with happiness, satisfaction, entertainment, and stuff. I feel like I deserve the minimum so I can be grateful for the more. That's how I define what my life goal is. 

Kurangilah kesenanganmu pada dunia agar berkurang kedukaanmu di akhirat
- Imam Syafi'i


Areas I want to focus on and the goals

I want to believe that we can grow in different areas at the same time, at the same rate. But in reality, that is not how life works. We can't accomplish things once at a time. In brief, I have two areas that I want to focus on. It's spirituality and financial. Both things are fundamental for me to continue life as it seems getting harder and harder. Life seems prettier with HQ spirituality and better financing. So I take the two for my focus of the beginning year. 


So, how about you?


Cheers,
Agnesia Anggun Kinanti

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments