The Fruit of Gratitude

By Agnesia Anggun Kinanti - May 20, 2018

"No one is going to hand me success. I must go out & get it myself. That’s why I’m here. To dominate. To conquer. Both the world and myself."

Happy to meet you again here. It's been a while 🙂

Of course, Marhaban Yaa Ramadhan! A month full of love, blessings, and all of the good things. One of the great things happens to me recently was my graduation from work training. I just passed my full year of work training. I just converted to a full-time employee. Maybe it sounds so usual, but not for me, at least. It is nice for being appreciated by something we did passionately.

Oiya, if you want to know, I work in Accenture, one of world company for consulting services. I started joining this company last year, as a pre-hired employee. Some of my other friends are also pre-hired, some of them are full-time employee since the beginning. It's kinda sad, most others employee said. They said it was like a tyranny for working one year as pre-hired. You only get the monthly salary and travel allowances without another amount of benefits. But Alhamdulillah, for one year past I never envy the others. I have felt enough for everything I got.

If I can look back, gratitude was not easy. Back then, when I was very tired of this work I started to complain to myself. I asked myself, 'what are you doing with this poor work-life balance'? Going home late at night, rarely hanging out with family and friends, is that a path I really want to choose? Luckily, that self-questioning happened so quickly. I moved back on track. It is not that bad actually. Sometimes I just need to relax and see things with the greater look.

I passed this past year passionately. I tell you, it was not easy at first. I learned many things during my first 6 months. I got yelled, I got rough words until I no longer surprised anymore. I learned that the high expectation is not achieved easily. Knowing that I was being challenged by that, I accepted it with an open mind. For the record, I succeed getting one of rising star amongst all pre-hired fellas. No one is going to hand me success. I must go out and get it myself.

I'm not saying that career is everything for me, not at all. I just need to have something worth living for. By having a good career, I can give something more to my beloved family. And of course, I can show to anyone that I can survive living my life independently.

That is one of my blessings I'd like to be forever grateful for. What is yours?


Cheers!
Agnesia Anggun K

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments